Cinderthriller: THE 3 FINALIST
1. Name/ Age - LADY SAN PEDRO
1. Name/ Age - LADY SAN PEDRO
2. What do you do? - I am an advertising creative.
3. Where do you come from, and where are you currently living? -I was born and raised in Manila, Philippines but will be moving to Barcelona in January 2012.
4. How did you hear about the competition? - I came across Cinder Thriller on i-donline.com
5. What does your design mean to you? - Everything! There's a lot of design potential coming from my country. It would be great for more of it to be showcased to the world.
6. What was the i-Dea behind it? - The idea behind The Farfalla Shoe: spontaneity or being able to "wing it" can only come from a woman of intelligence and experience.
7. How does your design express the Alberto Guardiani style? - It pairs strength with femininity and steps out of the conventional.
8. Who would you most like to wear your design? - For her talent, achievement, as well as her strong yet subtle style: Cate Blanchett.
1. Name/ Age - ALEX NOBLE / 30
2. What do you do? - Fashion designer and Visual Artist
3. Where do you come from, and where are you currently living? London London!
4. How did you hear about the competition? I was Invited to create a design by I.D whilst taking part in a showcase connected to the 'Covers' Exhibition.
5. What does your design mean to you? Its a surreal punk exploration, a nod back and a catapult forward.
6. What was the i-Dea behind it? The idea was to capture the mood of the era that I became so inspired by I.D, their beginnings and the creation of 'straight up' style of fashion photography.
7. How does your design express the Alberto Guardiani style? I think this design lives outside the box, it's powerful, sexual and non conformist style as is Guardiani.
8. Who would you most like to wear your design? Angelica Houston
1. Name/ Age - My name is AZADEH ZANDI and I am 22 years old.
2. What do you do? - I currently study fashion design and will graduate January 2012. During my spare time I work freelance, creating custom designs for my clients.
3. Where do you come from, and where are you currently living? - I was born and raised in Iran, but for the past 7 years I have resided in Dubai, where I currently live, study and work.
4. How did you hear about the competition? - Since I am a fan of i-D Magazine’s Facebook page, I saw competition when it was posted online, I wanted to try something new and it seemed the right opportunity for me to explore a different avenue of fashion. Now that I am among the Top 10, I am so thrilled that the hard work has paid off and most importantly that my design has captured the attention of important people in the industry.
5. What does your design mean to you? - One important aspect before I started my design is that I wanted to keep the form of theclassic shoe. I strongly believe that a shoe adds a to the shape and appearance of any women. The shoe represents my style, especially the classic and traditional look, but I insist on adding a creative and unique touch to all my designs. My aim with this shoe is to appeal to women who would like to wear unique pieces, but stay elegant, chic, and special.
6. What was the i-Dea behind it? - I wanted to use an object that women relate to or use as an accessory. The idea behind the safety pin is to give women a sense of security, as the heel is one of the most important aspect of every high heel shoe. This additional security provides woman with confidence. Lastly, I strongly believe that this shoe can make any look appear more stylish.
7. How does your design express the Alberto Guardiani style? - As I look at the shoe that I designed and the shoes Alberto Guardiani designs, I see a few similarities in the form and shape It has always been important to me that when people see mydesigns they know it is my work. Just like Alberto Guardiani's lipstick-shoe, I like creating something that is not ordinary. Good things take time and I worked very hard, that my design is not only practical, but also meaningful and bring out the women in everyone. I believe that shoe is one of the most important pieces of a women's outfit, I wanted to design a shoe, which is practical, but at the same time unique and something that people will remember just like, Alberto Guadiani's lipstick-shoe. Women can wear this shoe with a pair of nice jeans to a cocktail dress, this shoe will give any outfit extra charm.
8. Who would you most like to wear your design? - My target market for this shoe and in general are fashionable women who want to look and feel unique, without compromising their character or femininity. Though the appeal of the shoe can range from a stylish housewife to a high-class celebrity.
LADY SAN PEDRO: The Winner